Your First Appointment
Ready for your first visit? Here’s what you need to know.
Our goal is simple: get you back to living the active life you love–fast.
If you’re ready to stop pain or lack of mobility from interfering with your day-to-day life and get back to the activities that bring you joy, you’ve come to the right team.
Scheduling your first appointment is a major step on the road to recovery.
When you make your first visit, our team will be eager to understand your unique story, including your pain, medical history, and what type of goals you have for your future.
Here’s a short video that outlines everything you need to know to prepare for physical therapy:
What to remember for your first appointment
- You can save time and make the most of your visit to the clinic by filling out the new patient paperwork at home, and bringing it with you to the clinic.
- If you have already filled out the forms, show up 15 minutes before your appointment. If you haven’t filled out your forms yet, don’t worry. Just give yourself a few extra minutes prior to your appointment to fill them out.
- Your first appointment should last about an hour.
- Wear clothes that are comfortable and allow for easy movement.
- Remember to bring your health and insurance details, as well as any braces, crutches, and splints if needed.
Also, make sure to have:
- Your Physician or NPP (Non-Physician Provider) order for therapy
- Your patient forms
- Your Insurance cards (primary and secondary)
- Your Photo ID
- A current list of medicines and allergies
- Recent reports that you might have, including x-rays, MRI’s and surgeries
- Loose-fitting, comfortable clothing.
- Supportive shoes
- Any Adaptive devices you currently use, such as braces, canes and walkers.
- A copy of home health discharge with name and phone number of home health agency if applicable
*Please notify us of implants and pacemakers (defibrillators).
Still haven’t booked yet?
Take a few minutes now to start your journey with the Rehab Therapy Works family!